When it comes to creating videos to promote your business, it is natural to want only the highest-quality videos attached to your brand name. But if you are new to video marketing, the technical requirements of making a great video can be all-consuming.
You need to write the perfect script, find the best voice over artist, pick out the right images, find the best music track, and more just to keep your viewers hooked until the end. All of these things matter, but are you forgetting the one thing that can turn your video into a marketing powerhouse?
The Video Call to Action.
If your video doesnt have a strong call to action at the end, you are missing the boat when it comes to marketing. After all, your goal is not simply to produce great video content. Its to produce great video content that converts viewers into customers. If your viewers watch the video, smile, and then leave the page without taking the next step, youve wasted your time and money.
You are probably accustomed to including a call to action at the end of your advertising or in emails to your lists. Your videos are no different. A clear-cut call to action is a must. After all, videos can have different goals. One video may be intended to convince viewers to subscribe to your list or to visit your social media pages. Another may be geared toward getting people to try a new product.
If you dont let your viewers know what theyre supposed to do at the end, they wont do it.
What Makes a Great Video Call to Action?
Lets take a look:
1. Strong verbs. A good call to action uses strong wording that leaves no room for doubt in terms of what the viewer is supposed to do next. Use clearly-worded phrases beginning with action verbs such as Subscribe, Visit, Download, or Click.
2. Consider using repeated calls to action. You can use YouTube annotations as calls to action throughout your video. Repetition will help viewers to remember what they are supposed to do, and increase your chances of conversion.
3. Make your call to action entertaining or memorable. Anything you can do to spice up your CTA will make it more likely that viewers will take the action you want them to take.
4. Make your call to action interactive. Video calls to action are more effective if viewers can simply click on the video to be redirected to your landing page. You always want to make it as easy as possible for people to convert.
5. Include a written call to action in your meta-description of the video as well. That way if a viewer misses the chance to click the video theyll be able to respond by clicking below it.
Because it is the one thing that moves most people to the next step in the purchase phase, your call to action should be just as powerful as the rest of your video content.