If you know anything at all about online marketing, you know that search engine optimization (SEO) is an important component of any internet marketing strategy. When you optimize your website properly, you increase the chances that your page will appear high on a list of search results, which in turn makes it more likely that customers searching your keywords will end up on your website.
Creating a short and compelling marketing video is a great idea for any business, but in order to get the best return on your investment, you will need to optimize your videos. Every piece of content you create should be geared toward promoting your business and improving your search results.
The good news is that, unlike some other elements of SEO, optimizing a marketing video is actually fairly easy. Here are some tips to help you:
1. Put your target keyword in the file name of your video. Googles search engines give the most weight to keywords which appear in prominent places (titles, URLs, etc.) so do yourself a favor and put your main keyword in your file name. The file name becomes part of your URL, so youre killing two birds with one stone.
2. Include your primary keywords in your script. Dont overdo it, but choose one or two keywords that you want to optimize for, and use them in an organic way. Since you want to target local consumers, be sure to include the city/state with your keywords.
3. Make sure your video content is relevant to your customers. Search engine algorithms arent only concerned with keywords your content must be useful and relevant as well.
4. Dont just put your video on your website share it other places, too. When you post it on YouTube and your social media sites, you increase its visibility.
5. When you post your video on other sites, make sure to include your chosen keyword in the meta description of the video.
6. Allow your video to be rated on YouTube. If it receives high ratings, it will be more visible to search engines and can also help to encourage viewers to share your video.
7. When you post the video on your page, include a written transcript of it beneath the video. Not only will this give you another mention of your primary keyword, it may also help you to increase conversions.
8. Add an RSS feed for your videos. This will ensure that your customers can subscribe to be informed of new content, and it will also make it easier for search engines to index your site.
9. Have a separate landing page for each video on your site. Search engines can read individual pages more easily, and having multiple videos on one page can be confusing for viewers, too.
10. Make it possible for other people to embed your video on their sites. When you do that, you encourage sharing and also increase the chances you will get relevant inbound links a must for SEO.
If you do these things, your marketing videos will help improve your search rankings and ultimately increase revenue.